I live in Va, can someone give me a solution for getting rid of all flies that keep coming into my house. Help!
We found a product Vermin X at Costco that you plug into an outlet. It's supposed to repell insects. We have found it to work fairly well for crawling bugs, but don't know why it wouldn't work for flying ones. Good Luck
We used one of the "Wasp Catchers" that you can find at Lowe's in the garden center. It looks like a large jar and has white tubes in it. We hung it on a corner of our porch for the wasps, but found it also caught the flies. We found the best bait was honey dribbled into the jar and on the tubes, and about 2-3 cups of very warm water poured into the bottom of the jar to get the honey melted into a nectar. You may also want to see if you have or had an area with some garbage or decaying something or other that created lots of maggots. Washing out your trash cans my help.
I also have lots of flies about my log home. Could they be attracted to the finish on my logs? They are no nearby trash piles, horses, cows, etc. to attract them.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING