I'm looking to add on to my gravel driveway.
Where I want to add on there is a drain ditch for when it rains alot. I'm thinking about putting a drainage pipe and then putting gravel over it. Can anybody give me some advice.? Where can I get a drainage pipe? Do I need a permit? etc.
I would look in the yellow pages and check with a local contractor. You'll almost certainly have to have someone else haul and place the pipe - unless you have your own construction equipment. As to the need for a permit, it likely depends on whether the drainage ditch is beside a public road or just part of your property. Chances are you'll need a permit. A contractor could tell you that as well.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!