Stonework on Fireplace Surround
Just check from the supplier of your materials if there are suggested installation procedures to follow...Chances are they may even have a small class you can attend for free.
Thanks so much for your input. I went to the manufacturer's website and was actually able to download a PDF file with detailed installation instructions (http:www/culturedstone.com). It told me all i needed to know. Now the only problem is to decided between cultured stone and real stone for the surrond (thin stone if using real). Depends how real the cultured stone looks I guess. Any idea of the benefits of real vs. cultured - anyone? The size is for the surround of a small gas fireplace (maybe 5'x5' maximum area). What do you think?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight