I recently purchased a new sink and facet and the sink only has four holes on the top. Those four holes are occupied by the facet itself (2), one for the sprayer and then one for a soap dispenser. Based on that I do not have a hole for the dishwasher air value or gas valve (not sure what you call it).
Now prior to installing the new sink and facet the old one had the valve on top with a "Y" pipe on the bottom. That "Y" pipe had a line coming in from the dishwasher and then a line going out to the garbage disposal.
Based on my new sink and facet and the lack of an additional hole I have hooked the dishwasher directly to the garbage disposer, is this a problem? Do I need the valve? If yes, what options would you suggest to fix?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love