I recently purchased a new sink and facet and the sink only has four holes on the top. Those four holes are occupied by the facet itself (2), one for the sprayer and then one for a soap dispenser. Based on that I do not have a hole for the dishwasher air value or gas valve (not sure what you call it).
Now prior to installing the new sink and facet the old one had the valve on top with a "Y" pipe on the bottom. That "Y" pipe had a line coming in from the dishwasher and then a line going out to the garbage disposal.
Based on my new sink and facet and the lack of an additional hole I have hooked the dishwasher directly to the garbage disposer, is this a problem? Do I need the valve? If yes, what options would you suggest to fix?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!