I recently purchased a new sink and facet and the sink only has four holes on the top. Those four holes are occupied by the facet itself (2), one for the sprayer and then one for a soap dispenser. Based on that I do not have a hole for the dishwasher air value or gas valve (not sure what you call it).
Now prior to installing the new sink and facet the old one had the valve on top with a "Y" pipe on the bottom. That "Y" pipe had a line coming in from the dishwasher and then a line going out to the garbage disposal.
Based on my new sink and facet and the lack of an additional hole I have hooked the dishwasher directly to the garbage disposer, is this a problem? Do I need the valve? If yes, what options would you suggest to fix?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips