I recently purchased a new sink and facet and the sink only has four holes on the top. Those four holes are occupied by the facet itself (2), one for the sprayer and then one for a soap dispenser. Based on that I do not have a hole for the dishwasher air value or gas valve (not sure what you call it).
Now prior to installing the new sink and facet the old one had the valve on top with a "Y" pipe on the bottom. That "Y" pipe had a line coming in from the dishwasher and then a line going out to the garbage disposal.
Based on my new sink and facet and the lack of an additional hole I have hooked the dishwasher directly to the garbage disposer, is this a problem? Do I need the valve? If yes, what options would you suggest to fix?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects