Utility Cost of Electric Stove
Over this summer i'm moving in to an apartment in Santa Barbara that has an electric stove and I am wondering how much more expensive it is to use an electric stove instead of a gas stove.
I would think, it would depend on the useage. Electric ranges operate on 220vac, and are on a 30 amp breaker. Natural gas ranges need no electric, except for spark ignition, and the light in the oven. If they were used at comparibly the same rate, The electric range would cost you more.
The gas range will always be cheaper than electric at todays prices, especially in California where you guys get raped and have the great governor Gray watching out for you. Note the sarcasm. It won't be cheap enough to justify replacing a perfectly good electric range in favor of a gas range. Secondly your apartment may not be plumbed for natural gas.
I have not seen studies on ranges, but the American Gas Association website shows a study where gas water heaters are twice as efficient dollar for dollar than electric.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love