I have a house built in the mid 1800's that my wife and I renovated about ten years ago. Below the house we have about four feet of crawl space. We noticed mold growing on the bottom of the floor last year. At that time we vented the foundation on all four sides. The groung is dry and has plastic on top of the dirt(changed that out when we vented it). The mold got better when we put the foundation vents in but is there again. We are also having problems with the duct work under the house; a few of the ducts have fallen off of the vents and the guy that put the last one up said that they were wet event though the ground is not.
My questions are:
(1) What should one do to get rid of the mold?
(2) Could the problems with the shotty duct be causing the mold and cooling problems that we are discovering this spring?
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries