Water is seeping into the house we just bought. There is no sign of visible water on the ceiling or wall area. It comes in on the floor area under the base boards every time there is a hard rain. This is a wood frame house, built in 1990, had a new roof 2 years ago, but we don't know who put in on. We caulked all visible cracks outside in the stucco, and the expansion joint. Sprayed the hose at the ground area where the water first appears and soaked the ground, but still no water came in during the test.
There are no windows or doors on this wall. But one of the people who came out to look at this, mentioned he thought there was a window in this wall at one time, that was covered. He said something about a perfect square in the stucco. I have no idea what he was seeing, I can't see what ever it is. I don't know why someone would have closed it. Doesn't make sense.
We've had 10 people and 10 different opinions of what the problem is. Some say the expansion joint, some same where the wall and floor meet at ground level, some say the visible cracks that have since been caulked. One thought it was coming from the ground level where stucco repairs are needed.
The patio roof leaks onto the porch, but the water does not seem to come in from that side. And where it does first appear, is way down the other wall on the side of the house which is away from the patio.
Also this is a single story, wood frame/stucco and we're in So.Florida
We do have photos here www.badhomeinspections.info, to give you an idea of the building and water location. It's also our horror story from day one.
We don't know what to do to find where this water is coming from.
This is our first home, and its turned into a nightmare.
help with gas heater only in apartments
Need help with basement/crawlspace smell
Help with porch swing
Above ground pool liner replacement - need advice pl...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight