Water is seeping into the house we just bought. There is no sign of visible water on the ceiling or wall area. It comes in on the floor area under the base boards every time there is a hard rain. This is a wood frame house, built in 1990, had a new roof 2 years ago, but we don't know who put in on. We caulked all visible cracks outside in the stucco, and the expansion joint. Sprayed the hose at the ground area where the water first appears and soaked the ground, but still no water came in during the test.
There are no windows or doors on this wall. But one of the people who came out to look at this, mentioned he thought there was a window in this wall at one time, that was covered. He said something about a perfect square in the stucco. I have no idea what he was seeing, I can't see what ever it is. I don't know why someone would have closed it. Doesn't make sense.
We've had 10 people and 10 different opinions of what the problem is. Some say the expansion joint, some same where the wall and floor meet at ground level, some say the visible cracks that have since been caulked. One thought it was coming from the ground level where stucco repairs are needed.
The patio roof leaks onto the porch, but the water does not seem to come in from that side. And where it does first appear, is way down the other wall on the side of the house which is away from the patio.
Also this is a single story, wood frame/stucco and we're in So.Florida
We do have photos here www.badhomeinspections.info, to give you an idea of the building and water location. It's also our horror story from day one.
We don't know what to do to find where this water is coming from.
This is our first home, and its turned into a nightmare.
help with gas heater only in apartments
Need help with basement/crawlspace smell
Help with porch swing
Above ground pool liner replacement - need advice pl...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools