The steps going down into my garage are brick. The pressure-treated wood railings are working loose. They are bolted to the bricks using masonry bolts and anchors, I've tried repairing them, but they are loose again. Is there a product that will hold these bolts in place, or do I need to replace the bricks?
try useing tapcons to hold the p.t. wood to the bricks. tapcons are blue screws come in different sizes. drill pilot hole though the wood and into the brick use a screw gun or a bit in your drill. these screws are strong! two to four in each piece of wood should do it. about 30 cents each. i use them every day good luck
there is a two part epoxy glue that you can use. Remove the bolts/anchors, squirt it into the bolt holes & replace the bolts (with out anchors) before the epoxy sets up. remember to twist the bolts as you go for good spread of the epoxy. let this cure for thirty minuts before you replace the railings.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!