What are the pros and cons of
building a home using cement blocks?
Is there a product that homes owners can apply themselves that will make the block look like stucco or spanish style exterior?
I have a concrete block building that about 30 yrs ago had a mortar and small white stone (like garden stone) surface put on it. It still looks pretty good, but it is starting to come off in a few spots and I wanted to know how to repair it.
If what you are talking about is a pre-cast stone veneer, then it is easily replaced. If you are having a hard time finding replacement stones there are places that make molds for stone veneer. Making your own pre-cast is easy. StoneCasterStudio.com has rubber-based molds that might help you with your needs. If there is nothing in stock they can create a custom mold. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects