What are the pros and cons of
building a home using cement blocks?
Is there a product that homes owners can apply themselves that will make the block look like stucco or spanish style exterior?
I have a concrete block building that about 30 yrs ago had a mortar and small white stone (like garden stone) surface put on it. It still looks pretty good, but it is starting to come off in a few spots and I wanted to know how to repair it.
If what you are talking about is a pre-cast stone veneer, then it is easily replaced. If you are having a hard time finding replacement stones there are places that make molds for stone veneer. Making your own pre-cast is easy. StoneCasterStudio.com has rubber-based molds that might help you with your needs. If there is nothing in stock they can create a custom mold. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight