What are the pros and cons of
building a home using cement blocks?
Is there a product that homes owners can apply themselves that will make the block look like stucco or spanish style exterior?
I have a concrete block building that about 30 yrs ago had a mortar and small white stone (like garden stone) surface put on it. It still looks pretty good, but it is starting to come off in a few spots and I wanted to know how to repair it.
If what you are talking about is a pre-cast stone veneer, then it is easily replaced. If you are having a hard time finding replacement stones there are places that make molds for stone veneer. Making your own pre-cast is easy. StoneCasterStudio.com has rubber-based molds that might help you with your needs. If there is nothing in stock they can create a custom mold. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!