For sale by owner
Some people don't feel comfortable buying from someone who doesn't do this for a living.
The real estate people know how to wrap the deal up. You will be in charge of all that.
It may take a lot longer.
The pros are:
You can find out what people like or dislike about your house.
www.forsalebyowner.com I think was a website to help you, but you may want to do a search for one in your city.
I hope this helps.
I also am a mortgage Banker, and have a few tid bits of advice as far as the mortgage end goes.
You will need to find a title company on your own to do the closing. They all charge different fees so shop around for those as well.
Also, make sure you get a mortgage pre-approval from the purchaser. There is nothing worse than getting to the day of the closing and the person buying the house can't secure any financing.
Just a few suggestions. If you have any more questions e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why does the seller have to find a title company? Everytime I purchased house I've gotten the title company and paid the fees. That is not the sellers responsibility.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!