For sale by owner
Some people don't feel comfortable buying from someone who doesn't do this for a living.
The real estate people know how to wrap the deal up. You will be in charge of all that.
It may take a lot longer.
The pros are:
You can find out what people like or dislike about your house.
www.forsalebyowner.com I think was a website to help you, but you may want to do a search for one in your city.
I hope this helps.
I also am a mortgage Banker, and have a few tid bits of advice as far as the mortgage end goes.
You will need to find a title company on your own to do the closing. They all charge different fees so shop around for those as well.
Also, make sure you get a mortgage pre-approval from the purchaser. There is nothing worse than getting to the day of the closing and the person buying the house can't secure any financing.
Just a few suggestions. If you have any more questions e-mail me at [email protected]
Why does the seller have to find a title company? Everytime I purchased house I've gotten the title company and paid the fees. That is not the sellers responsibility.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love