For sale by owner
Some people don't feel comfortable buying from someone who doesn't do this for a living.
The real estate people know how to wrap the deal up. You will be in charge of all that.
It may take a lot longer.
The pros are:
You can find out what people like or dislike about your house.
www.forsalebyowner.com I think was a website to help you, but you may want to do a search for one in your city.
I hope this helps.
I also am a mortgage Banker, and have a few tid bits of advice as far as the mortgage end goes.
You will need to find a title company on your own to do the closing. They all charge different fees so shop around for those as well.
Also, make sure you get a mortgage pre-approval from the purchaser. There is nothing worse than getting to the day of the closing and the person buying the house can't secure any financing.
Just a few suggestions. If you have any more questions e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why does the seller have to find a title company? Everytime I purchased house I've gotten the title company and paid the fees. That is not the sellers responsibility.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them