I'm thinking of switching over to a tankless water heater for our ranch home of approx 2400 sq ft (upstairs and basement). Does anyone have any opinions on the Paloma or Aquastar models(or for that matter another manufacturer)? I'm concerned about it supplying enough hot water but I'm also concerned that my wife will extend her showers thus negating any fuel savings. Is there a way to limit the amount of hot water, say to fifteen minutes, or is this just impractical? Thanks for any feedback.
You may find someone here who has one,if not,these units are designed to supply on demand.I know Aquastar has a web site(www.cetsolar.com),others probably do too.Since the heating mechanism of these units is governed by the rate of flow/water temp. you could lower the setting on your mixing valve and/or install a watersaving showerhead.I did this for the same reason and it only took a few showers to get used to the showerhead.I wouldn't worry about running out of hot water.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!