We only get a limited amount of cold water in our 3rd floor shower along with overall low water pressure. The house is 90 yrs old and the sink and toilet in the same bathroom work fine. The 2nd floor bathroom also is fine. Any ideas?
Have you tried cleaning out or replacing the shower head? They can get clogged with mineral deposits or other gunk.
if this house is 90 yrs. old I'm guessing you have some very old pipes...galvanized pipe clogs from the inside, building up desposits (like cholesterol...hardening of the arteries)...over time the pipe gets completely clogged...or sometimes a piece of this deposit breaks off and gets stuck in a bend in the pipe...thus clogging that line. IF that is the problem, then it is a problem, and a headache/hassle/expense. This does not fall under easy or inexpensive fix. Be prepared to gasp and have your walls torn open.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes