We only get a limited amount of cold water in our 3rd floor shower along with overall low water pressure. The house is 90 yrs old and the sink and toilet in the same bathroom work fine. The 2nd floor bathroom also is fine. Any ideas?
Have you tried cleaning out or replacing the shower head? They can get clogged with mineral deposits or other gunk.
if this house is 90 yrs. old I'm guessing you have some very old pipes...galvanized pipe clogs from the inside, building up desposits (like cholesterol...hardening of the arteries)...over time the pipe gets completely clogged...or sometimes a piece of this deposit breaks off and gets stuck in a bend in the pipe...thus clogging that line. IF that is the problem, then it is a problem, and a headache/hassle/expense. This does not fall under easy or inexpensive fix. Be prepared to gasp and have your walls torn open.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!