Hello from amazingkae!
We are respectfully writing as a request for information on Shoji Screen repair.
We have a sliding glass door at one of our homes that has a custom interior frame and Shoji sreen sliders. The redwood frame and lattice work is beautifully intact, but the rice paper has suffered damage.
If anyone has information on ordering materials that will be wide enough to cover the full width of a sliding door panel, and more specifically on repair/replacement techniques, please let us know!
We have only been successful at finding 18 inch wide papers thus far, and have had difficulty finding someone local to repair the doors. [The unit was imported from Japan.]
As it is important to keep these beautiful doors in place for sentimental value, as well as to preserve the aesthetic between the room and the entrance to the Japanese garden, your help in this quest for information is greatly appreciated.
The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes. ~~Frank Lloyd Wright
I'm trying to find the name or any information about a project that was featured on Bob's TV show many years ago. (not sure if it was This Old House). The house required no foundation -- you could use concrete piers to support it. It was built using a series of panels (8x8 I think) that you could make into rooms of various sizes. They were advertising it as sort-of a do-it-yourself construction project. I remember it had some sort of integrated electrical bus, where each room you added plugged into the bus.
Does it still exist?
Does it still exist?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs