Hello from amazingkae!
We are respectfully writing as a request for information on Shoji Screen repair.
We have a sliding glass door at one of our homes that has a custom interior frame and Shoji sreen sliders. The redwood frame and lattice work is beautifully intact, but the rice paper has suffered damage.
If anyone has information on ordering materials that will be wide enough to cover the full width of a sliding door panel, and more specifically on repair/replacement techniques, please let us know!
We have only been successful at finding 18 inch wide papers thus far, and have had difficulty finding someone local to repair the doors. [The unit was imported from Japan.]
As it is important to keep these beautiful doors in place for sentimental value, as well as to preserve the aesthetic between the room and the entrance to the Japanese garden, your help in this quest for information is greatly appreciated.
The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes. ~~Frank Lloyd Wright
I'm trying to find the name or any information about a project that was featured on Bob's TV show many years ago. (not sure if it was This Old House). The house required no foundation -- you could use concrete piers to support it. It was built using a series of panels (8x8 I think) that you could make into rooms of various sizes. They were advertising it as sort-of a do-it-yourself construction project. I remember it had some sort of integrated electrical bus, where each room you added plugged into the bus.
Does it still exist?
Does it still exist?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY