I have a house built on a slab. Are the drain pipes in the slab or under the slab? Don't laugh, I'm a GIRL!! We don't know about these things.
I have a problem of a small amount of water backing up into the dishwasher when the washer runs. Everything else works perfectly. Water runs out of all the sinks perfectly.
Rotor Rooter tells me he thinks I have a rusted out drain pipe under the slab. Because he thinks he got mud instead of grease and the clean out cable (snake)won't go past where the washer is connected to the main drain. I know I need a second opinion before I do major surgery But...I was always under the impression the drain was in the slab not under it.
I don't know who to trust or what my next move should be other than getting another plumber that I don't know.
The drain line for the washing machine, etc. may or may not pass through the concrete on it's way to the main house drain connection. I doubt the drainage piping is encased in the slab itself, It's underneath the poured concrete. See what material (copper, cast-iron, PVC) your drain lines are. You can look under the kitchen or bathroom sink to see where the chrome or PVC trap connect to another pipe. You may have to jack out the concrete and replace this drain.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda