I have a house built on a slab. Are the drain pipes in the slab or under the slab? Don't laugh, I'm a GIRL!! We don't know about these things.
I have a problem of a small amount of water backing up into the dishwasher when the washer runs. Everything else works perfectly. Water runs out of all the sinks perfectly.
Rotor Rooter tells me he thinks I have a rusted out drain pipe under the slab. Because he thinks he got mud instead of grease and the clean out cable (snake)won't go past where the washer is connected to the main drain. I know I need a second opinion before I do major surgery But...I was always under the impression the drain was in the slab not under it.
I don't know who to trust or what my next move should be other than getting another plumber that I don't know.
The drain line for the washing machine, etc. may or may not pass through the concrete on it's way to the main house drain connection. I doubt the drainage piping is encased in the slab itself, It's underneath the poured concrete. See what material (copper, cast-iron, PVC) your drain lines are. You can look under the kitchen or bathroom sink to see where the chrome or PVC trap connect to another pipe. You may have to jack out the concrete and replace this drain.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects