I have a house built on a slab. Are the drain pipes in the slab or under the slab? Don't laugh, I'm a GIRL!! We don't know about these things.
I have a problem of a small amount of water backing up into the dishwasher when the washer runs. Everything else works perfectly. Water runs out of all the sinks perfectly.
Rotor Rooter tells me he thinks I have a rusted out drain pipe under the slab. Because he thinks he got mud instead of grease and the clean out cable (snake)won't go past where the washer is connected to the main drain. I know I need a second opinion before I do major surgery But...I was always under the impression the drain was in the slab not under it.
I don't know who to trust or what my next move should be other than getting another plumber that I don't know.
The drain line for the washing machine, etc. may or may not pass through the concrete on it's way to the main house drain connection. I doubt the drainage piping is encased in the slab itself, It's underneath the poured concrete. See what material (copper, cast-iron, PVC) your drain lines are. You can look under the kitchen or bathroom sink to see where the chrome or PVC trap connect to another pipe. You may have to jack out the concrete and replace this drain.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps