I have a house built on a slab. Are the drain pipes in the slab or under the slab? Don't laugh, I'm a GIRL!! We don't know about these things.
I have a problem of a small amount of water backing up into the dishwasher when the washer runs. Everything else works perfectly. Water runs out of all the sinks perfectly.
Rotor Rooter tells me he thinks I have a rusted out drain pipe under the slab. Because he thinks he got mud instead of grease and the clean out cable (snake)won't go past where the washer is connected to the main drain. I know I need a second opinion before I do major surgery But...I was always under the impression the drain was in the slab not under it.
I don't know who to trust or what my next move should be other than getting another plumber that I don't know.
The drain line for the washing machine, etc. may or may not pass through the concrete on it's way to the main house drain connection. I doubt the drainage piping is encased in the slab itself, It's underneath the poured concrete. See what material (copper, cast-iron, PVC) your drain lines are. You can look under the kitchen or bathroom sink to see where the chrome or PVC trap connect to another pipe. You may have to jack out the concrete and replace this drain.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!