Hot Water Tank Relief Valve
My son reached up asnd pulled the relief valve on my tank last week. Ever since there has been a slight drip running out of the pipe into the aluminum floor pan. Is this a faulty relief valve or should I expect this to close up over time?
Dirt and sediment are prone to clogging up the spring and seat mechanism of the relief valve. It is acually recommended by the manufacturer to periodically test trip the relief valve. Trip it again for 10 seconds. If it still drips, drain the water tank below the level of the valve (not necessary to entirely drain) and replace it. Make sure you purchase a combination temperature and pressure relief valve that has the same rating as the old one.
Suds in hot water tank
Scale filter for Hot Water Tank??
loss of hot water pressure
can a hot water tank cause air or gas to create nois...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!