toilet flapper issue
My toilet was running, it turned out the flapper inside looked like it was starting to deform and squish together (the top part of the seal was no longer flat against the bottom of the toilet. So I went out and purchased a new one and installed it. Now 3 months later my toilet is running again, I open the back and the brand new flapper looks exactly like the old one did. Starting to looks almost like it‚Äôs disintegrating. (hope that makes sense) anyone have any ideas what would cause this? I do have one of those bleach tablets in the toilet, but I have them in my other toilet and this has never happened.
Ok I just bought a new flapper and this ones got a 5 year warranty on it so if it starts to carode I'm going ot be ****ed. Anyways, new problem. I can't seem to turn off the water to the toilet? If I turn the water valve to far to the right, water starts spraying out of the turn off valve? I'm assuming this is bad? Should I call a plumber?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes