I've been in the house for one year, it is 7 years old. The house has a septic and I know it has never been pumped. All has been well until the last two times it has rained. I am getting a terrible odor from the master bathroom toilet (which is closed to the septic tank) and the basement area near the septic tank.
Could the problem be a septic that needs to be emptied? We've noticed no slow flushing so far.
Are there other issues that might be causing this problem? HELP, please this is my first experience with a septic system. There are only two of us in this 3 bedroom house but I know there was a lot of action in this house over the years before we lived here.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips