I've been in the house for one year, it is 7 years old. The house has a septic and I know it has never been pumped. All has been well until the last two times it has rained. I am getting a terrible odor from the master bathroom toilet (which is closed to the septic tank) and the basement area near the septic tank.
Could the problem be a septic that needs to be emptied? We've noticed no slow flushing so far.
Are there other issues that might be causing this problem? HELP, please this is my first experience with a septic system. There are only two of us in this 3 bedroom house but I know there was a lot of action in this house over the years before we lived here.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love