I am planing to finish my basement this winter. I just have a few questions that i need help with. First, what should i use, steel or wood. Right now i am leaning towards stee. Also i have watched some videos and the reccomend doubleing-up on your steel studs. Is this necessary since they are not load bearing? Also when fasing the bottom plate to the steal is it better to screw them in or better to use the bullet gun.
Thank you very much for you help/oponions.
Wood is better for basments because of rust and wood is more secure. Be sure to place a barier between the cement and wood.also wood is a lot better a sound damping. if you have a bullet gun use it as there is not a lot of difrence (the pros use them). screws just take a lot more time. But a little more secure (use a hammer drill).but concrete scews are ment for forces pulling away from the cement. So there is little atvantage if any. use plenty long nails and if 2x4" are spliting pre drill. Good luck.
Competition to Owen Corning Basement Finishing System
Finishing a basement with steel studs
Drywall vs. Cloth Panel Finishing System for Basement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!