I am planing to finish my basement this winter. I just have a few questions that i need help with. First, what should i use, steel or wood. Right now i am leaning towards stee. Also i have watched some videos and the reccomend doubleing-up on your steel studs. Is this necessary since they are not load bearing? Also when fasing the bottom plate to the steal is it better to screw them in or better to use the bullet gun.
Thank you very much for you help/oponions.
Wood is better for basments because of rust and wood is more secure. Be sure to place a barier between the cement and wood.also wood is a lot better a sound damping. if you have a bullet gun use it as there is not a lot of difrence (the pros use them). screws just take a lot more time. But a little more secure (use a hammer drill).but concrete scews are ment for forces pulling away from the cement. So there is little atvantage if any. use plenty long nails and if 2x4" are spliting pre drill. Good luck.
Competition to Owen Corning Basement Finishing System
Finishing a basement with steel studs
Drywall vs. Cloth Panel Finishing System for Basement
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight