I have weatherking rurnace and the blower continually runs I am forcedto manuaully switch on and off. Can any one tell me what the probelm is the fuernace is 13 years old
Check to make sure that the switch is in AUTO mode. Again, this would mean, under normal operation, that the fan only runs when the heater is operating. If this switch is found to be in the ON position, that was your trouble. Switching to AUTO should solve your problem.
If, however, your switch was found correctly set (AUTO position), then your problem lies elsewhere. I would suggest replacing the thermostat with a new one, since they are fairly inexpensive. This would be a good time, also, to consider a programmable thermostat if your system will accept it. Make sure you buy the proper unit. There are models for Heat/AC and Heat only.
If, after properly installing the unit, your problem persists, it must lie elsewhere. You will probably need to have the actual furnace checked out by a professional.
Old expandable foam shrank in walls now all the wall...
is a closet necessary for an attic furnace with spra...
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING