I have weatherking rurnace and the blower continually runs I am forcedto manuaully switch on and off. Can any one tell me what the probelm is the fuernace is 13 years old
Check to make sure that the switch is in AUTO mode. Again, this would mean, under normal operation, that the fan only runs when the heater is operating. If this switch is found to be in the ON position, that was your trouble. Switching to AUTO should solve your problem.
If, however, your switch was found correctly set (AUTO position), then your problem lies elsewhere. I would suggest replacing the thermostat with a new one, since they are fairly inexpensive. This would be a good time, also, to consider a programmable thermostat if your system will accept it. Make sure you buy the proper unit. There are models for Heat/AC and Heat only.
If, after properly installing the unit, your problem persists, it must lie elsewhere. You will probably need to have the actual furnace checked out by a professional.
Old expandable foam shrank in walls now all the wall...
is a closet necessary for an attic furnace with spra...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers