Burner Shutting Off!!!
I ran out of oil for my burner. Got delivery, bled the line. The boiler came on heated up the water (hot water off of coil in boiler) started to send up heat (steam)then just cut off! Thermostat shows that it is calling for heat but nothing is happening. If I press the reset button it fires and then dies out. Any idea what I may be looking at??? Any advice would be appreciated.
You need to take the nozzle out and clean it completely. Having sucked the tank dry has gotten junk in the nozzle and is impeding the flow from it causing the fire eye not to see the flame causing a shutdown. The tip of the nozzle screws off. Also make a mark on the bracket and electrode, so that you can put them back in the same place upon reassembly. Good Luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects