Burner Shutting Off!!!
I ran out of oil for my burner. Got delivery, bled the line. The boiler came on heated up the water (hot water off of coil in boiler) started to send up heat (steam)then just cut off! Thermostat shows that it is calling for heat but nothing is happening. If I press the reset button it fires and then dies out. Any idea what I may be looking at??? Any advice would be appreciated.
You need to take the nozzle out and clean it completely. Having sucked the tank dry has gotten junk in the nozzle and is impeding the flow from it causing the fire eye not to see the flame causing a shutdown. The tip of the nozzle screws off. Also make a mark on the bracket and electrode, so that you can put them back in the same place upon reassembly. Good Luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 9 Things You Never Thought to Paint—But Should
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Storage Where You Least Expected It
- 9 Best Lighting Picks for Your Bedroom
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- 10 Alternatives to a Traditional Home Office