Burner Shutting Off!!!
I ran out of oil for my burner. Got delivery, bled the line. The boiler came on heated up the water (hot water off of coil in boiler) started to send up heat (steam)then just cut off! Thermostat shows that it is calling for heat but nothing is happening. If I press the reset button it fires and then dies out. Any idea what I may be looking at??? Any advice would be appreciated.
You need to take the nozzle out and clean it completely. Having sucked the tank dry has gotten junk in the nozzle and is impeding the flow from it causing the fire eye not to see the flame causing a shutdown. The tip of the nozzle screws off. Also make a mark on the bracket and electrode, so that you can put them back in the same place upon reassembly. Good Luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!