I am replacing a honeywell t8411r with a honeywell rth7400.I just want to make sure I have wired it properly. I have a lennox heat pump and lennox blower unit. The old thermostat had wires on R, G, Y, W2, O, C with a jumper between w1-y. The new thermostat has R, G, Y, Aux, O, C with a jumper between rc-r. Thye new tstat asks for a jumper between aux and e. Will this jumper cause my 1st and 2nd stage heat to come on at the same time whenver the tstat calls for heat?
The answer is no it won't. But it will cause both stages of electric heat to come on at the same time.(there are 2 or more stages depending on how big the furnace is) The first stage of heat will always be the heat pump itself. Aux and E are independant and are only used when the heat pump can't maintain the temp in the house, or when the heat pump goes into defrost. You will be fine with the stat wired that way.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!