want to change the old, original thermostat in my 1930s house (which has a hot water radiator heating) with a new programmable thermostat. The problem is that I don‚Äôt know what kind of thermostat it is in terms of voltage. I do know that the current thermostat has only two wires/leads (the original cloth covered stuff). Also, though I don‚Äôt know if this helps, the current furnace is a standing pilot system (Burnham I believe). Would this be a 24 volt system and, if so, what is the best thermostat for this system (I don‚Äôt necessarily need one that has an outside temperature sensing feature but I would not count those out). I need to replace the current thermostat because it is very sensitive to vibrations (such as the kids closing doors or hopping around like kids do) that cause it to quickly cycle on and off.
Thanks for any input.
Best way to heat an addition?
Used hot water radiators
Oil Hot water heating system
Air repeatedly in hot water baseboard heat system.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!