In the closet is a dual HVAC set:
On top Refrigerant Evaporator
Model BV134 36+X2 BNS25
Below Furnace with blower:
Surelight PCB Model 24L8501
Outside compressor unit:
White/Rodgers Comverge Thermostat:
AC doesn't run.
Thermostat is set to cool at 72 degrees.
Indicated temperature is 82 degrees.
"Power Fail" is flashing in the upper left.
I can turn the blower fan to on, and it works until I turn it off.
When I check the HVAC in the closet, the LEDs on the SureLight board are not flashing. The 2amp circuit breaker above the board is flipped off.
When I reset the circuit breaker:
The two LEDs flash slowly together, starting immediately.
At about 3 seconds, the combustion air blower motor starts and runs for less than two seconds.
The thermostat "power fail" indication goes away, and the set temperature starts to flash.
At five minutes even, the LEDs stay on together for about 2-3 seconds. (times are consistent across 4 tests)
The circuit breaker then trips and the lights go out.
Inside, the thermostat shows "power fail"
There are no indications throughout this period at the outside compressor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love