In the closet is a dual HVAC set:
On top Refrigerant Evaporator
Model BV134 36+X2 BNS25
Below Furnace with blower:
Surelight PCB Model 24L8501
Outside compressor unit:
White/Rodgers Comverge Thermostat:
AC doesn't run.
Thermostat is set to cool at 72 degrees.
Indicated temperature is 82 degrees.
"Power Fail" is flashing in the upper left.
I can turn the blower fan to on, and it works until I turn it off.
When I check the HVAC in the closet, the LEDs on the SureLight board are not flashing. The 2amp circuit breaker above the board is flipped off.
When I reset the circuit breaker:
The two LEDs flash slowly together, starting immediately.
At about 3 seconds, the combustion air blower motor starts and runs for less than two seconds.
The thermostat "power fail" indication goes away, and the set temperature starts to flash.
At five minutes even, the LEDs stay on together for about 2-3 seconds. (times are consistent across 4 tests)
The circuit breaker then trips and the lights go out.
Inside, the thermostat shows "power fail"
There are no indications throughout this period at the outside compressor.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight