In the closet is a dual HVAC set:
On top Refrigerant Evaporator
Model BV134 36+X2 BNS25
Below Furnace with blower:
Surelight PCB Model 24L8501
Outside compressor unit:
White/Rodgers Comverge Thermostat:
AC doesn't run.
Thermostat is set to cool at 72 degrees.
Indicated temperature is 82 degrees.
"Power Fail" is flashing in the upper left.
I can turn the blower fan to on, and it works until I turn it off.
When I check the HVAC in the closet, the LEDs on the SureLight board are not flashing. The 2amp circuit breaker above the board is flipped off.
When I reset the circuit breaker:
The two LEDs flash slowly together, starting immediately.
At about 3 seconds, the combustion air blower motor starts and runs for less than two seconds.
The thermostat "power fail" indication goes away, and the set temperature starts to flash.
At five minutes even, the LEDs stay on together for about 2-3 seconds. (times are consistent across 4 tests)
The circuit breaker then trips and the lights go out.
Inside, the thermostat shows "power fail"
There are no indications throughout this period at the outside compressor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- 11 DIYs for A Soundproofed Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates