Really, really stupid question. I've a downrod with the fan. The canopy slid down really easily when I removed the two screws and turned it. I now have the remote wired and tucked away along with the wires, but for some dumb reason, I cannot get the canopy back on! The remote and wires are not in the way, but I can feel a couple of screws on the downrod that seem to be impeding my progress. I cannot get the canopy over or past these, but I don't remember them being there when I lowered the canopy to get to the wiring. I'm not sure if they are screws as I'm going by feel alone.
I've read a ton of posts about wiring remotes, etc, but that's not the problem. (Well, it may be later, but I think I've got the wiring correct.) I've looked at vides on hanging ceiling fans. I don't see why I'm having such a difficult time raising the canopy back up the downrod. What gives?
Perhaps the canopy is "keyed" and can only go all the way up in a certain orientation? Try twisting the canopy 360¬∞ when it's pushed up to the point where you're meeting resistance. Also, if there's one of those rubber half-spheres up there those are usually "keyed" as well and that may be why it won't go up all the way.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes