Really, really stupid question. I've a downrod with the fan. The canopy slid down really easily when I removed the two screws and turned it. I now have the remote wired and tucked away along with the wires, but for some dumb reason, I cannot get the canopy back on! The remote and wires are not in the way, but I can feel a couple of screws on the downrod that seem to be impeding my progress. I cannot get the canopy over or past these, but I don't remember them being there when I lowered the canopy to get to the wiring. I'm not sure if they are screws as I'm going by feel alone.
I've read a ton of posts about wiring remotes, etc, but that's not the problem. (Well, it may be later, but I think I've got the wiring correct.) I've looked at vides on hanging ceiling fans. I don't see why I'm having such a difficult time raising the canopy back up the downrod. What gives?
Perhaps the canopy is "keyed" and can only go all the way up in a certain orientation? Try twisting the canopy 360¬∞ when it's pushed up to the point where you're meeting resistance. Also, if there's one of those rubber half-spheres up there those are usually "keyed" as well and that may be why it won't go up all the way.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!