Really, really stupid question. I've a downrod with the fan. The canopy slid down really easily when I removed the two screws and turned it. I now have the remote wired and tucked away along with the wires, but for some dumb reason, I cannot get the canopy back on! The remote and wires are not in the way, but I can feel a couple of screws on the downrod that seem to be impeding my progress. I cannot get the canopy over or past these, but I don't remember them being there when I lowered the canopy to get to the wiring. I'm not sure if they are screws as I'm going by feel alone.
I've read a ton of posts about wiring remotes, etc, but that's not the problem. (Well, it may be later, but I think I've got the wiring correct.) I've looked at vides on hanging ceiling fans. I don't see why I'm having such a difficult time raising the canopy back up the downrod. What gives?
Perhaps the canopy is "keyed" and can only go all the way up in a certain orientation? Try twisting the canopy 360¬∞ when it's pushed up to the point where you're meeting resistance. Also, if there's one of those rubber half-spheres up there those are usually "keyed" as well and that may be why it won't go up all the way.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight