Really, really stupid question. I've a downrod with the fan. The canopy slid down really easily when I removed the two screws and turned it. I now have the remote wired and tucked away along with the wires, but for some dumb reason, I cannot get the canopy back on! The remote and wires are not in the way, but I can feel a couple of screws on the downrod that seem to be impeding my progress. I cannot get the canopy over or past these, but I don't remember them being there when I lowered the canopy to get to the wiring. I'm not sure if they are screws as I'm going by feel alone.
I've read a ton of posts about wiring remotes, etc, but that's not the problem. (Well, it may be later, but I think I've got the wiring correct.) I've looked at vides on hanging ceiling fans. I don't see why I'm having such a difficult time raising the canopy back up the downrod. What gives?
Perhaps the canopy is "keyed" and can only go all the way up in a certain orientation? Try twisting the canopy 360¬∞ when it's pushed up to the point where you're meeting resistance. Also, if there's one of those rubber half-spheres up there those are usually "keyed" as well and that may be why it won't go up all the way.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?