Mildew eating at drywall
First of all,locate the wall studs and then take a framing square or a level and mark a rectangle slightly larger than the damaged area(center your vertical lines on stud centers to allow an area to fasten the patch,then score the lines w/a utility knife and cut it out w/the knife or a keyhole saw."Clean-up" the edges of your cuts and along the horizontal edges of the sound drywall(if needed)fasten furring strips half behind drywall and half exposed,for an area to screw to.Then buy the drywall to match the thickness of the existing wall,cut and screw to your studs and nailers w/ 1 1/4" coarse thread drywall screws(sink the heads slightly below the surface).Then apply mesh tape to joints and finish w/joint compound(usually 2 coats),sand,prime and paint!See that's no so bad..oh and one more thing..since this is in a bathroom I'd recommend you buying "MR board"it's moisture resistant and great for humid areas.Have fun w/your project!
Paranoid about my house and bouncy floors
Interior stone veneer fireplace: what should I do at...
What is eating my Hardy Plank?
capillary moisture on basement wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes