Mildew eating at drywall
First of all,locate the wall studs and then take a framing square or a level and mark a rectangle slightly larger than the damaged area(center your vertical lines on stud centers to allow an area to fasten the patch,then score the lines w/a utility knife and cut it out w/the knife or a keyhole saw."Clean-up" the edges of your cuts and along the horizontal edges of the sound drywall(if needed)fasten furring strips half behind drywall and half exposed,for an area to screw to.Then buy the drywall to match the thickness of the existing wall,cut and screw to your studs and nailers w/ 1 1/4" coarse thread drywall screws(sink the heads slightly below the surface).Then apply mesh tape to joints and finish w/joint compound(usually 2 coats),sand,prime and paint!See that's no so bad..oh and one more thing..since this is in a bathroom I'd recommend you buying "MR board"it's moisture resistant and great for humid areas.Have fun w/your project!
Paranoid about my house and bouncy floors
Interior stone veneer fireplace: what should I do at...
What is eating my Hardy Plank?
capillary moisture on basement wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!