Rolling textured ceilings
Found the information, but it is not what you want to hear. A few of the manufacturers strongly recommend against painting a popcorn ceiling. Apparently paint seals the surface and diminishes its ability to hide smoke and dirt. This in fact is the purpose for the pores in the surface.
However they do recommend spot cleaning with bleach and water or they all sell chemicals for the cleaning. They also sell repair kits. Here is a name of a company that you can write to if you wish. You can explain your situation. I have written to them in the past and they were very helpful. You will need to enclose a self addressed stamped envelope for the reply. Also ask for their free brochure on how to care and repair- its free.
Sprayed Textures Unlimited
1518 Hwy. 138
Wall Township, NJ 07719
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Maybe if I stay off the site for awhile others will answer more........
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight