I have one wall in my house that had at least 6 layers of wallpaper on it over a 30 year period of time.
It took me 6 hours to do a 3ft x 6ft area until I got a tip of how to remove it the easy way.
A paint roller and paint pan with a bucket of very warm water with liquid fabric softner added.
3 parts to 2 parts (fs)
Poor the mixture into the paint pan and roll the roller getting it good and soaked and then roll it onto the wall until the wall is really saturated. Wait at least 5 to 7 minutes and then simply scrap away.
It took me less than 2 hours to do the rest of the wall which was an even larger area.
Make sure to use something like plastic or drop cloths to protect the floor and from slipping.
This is one of the best little tips I have ever run across and just wanted to share it with all of you.
Have a good day!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools