I have one wall in my house that had at least 6 layers of wallpaper on it over a 30 year period of time.
It took me 6 hours to do a 3ft x 6ft area until I got a tip of how to remove it the easy way.
A paint roller and paint pan with a bucket of very warm water with liquid fabric softner added.
3 parts to 2 parts (fs)
Poor the mixture into the paint pan and roll the roller getting it good and soaked and then roll it onto the wall until the wall is really saturated. Wait at least 5 to 7 minutes and then simply scrap away.
It took me less than 2 hours to do the rest of the wall which was an even larger area.
Make sure to use something like plastic or drop cloths to protect the floor and from slipping.
This is one of the best little tips I have ever run across and just wanted to share it with all of you.
Have a good day!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects