I have one wall in my house that had at least 6 layers of wallpaper on it over a 30 year period of time.
It took me 6 hours to do a 3ft x 6ft area until I got a tip of how to remove it the easy way.
A paint roller and paint pan with a bucket of very warm water with liquid fabric softner added.
3 parts to 2 parts (fs)
Poor the mixture into the paint pan and roll the roller getting it good and soaked and then roll it onto the wall until the wall is really saturated. Wait at least 5 to 7 minutes and then simply scrap away.
It took me less than 2 hours to do the rest of the wall which was an even larger area.
Make sure to use something like plastic or drop cloths to protect the floor and from slipping.
This is one of the best little tips I have ever run across and just wanted to share it with all of you.
Have a good day!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs