I have one wall in my house that had at least 6 layers of wallpaper on it over a 30 year period of time.
It took me 6 hours to do a 3ft x 6ft area until I got a tip of how to remove it the easy way.
A paint roller and paint pan with a bucket of very warm water with liquid fabric softner added.
3 parts to 2 parts (fs)
Poor the mixture into the paint pan and roll the roller getting it good and soaked and then roll it onto the wall until the wall is really saturated. Wait at least 5 to 7 minutes and then simply scrap away.
It took me less than 2 hours to do the rest of the wall which was an even larger area.
Make sure to use something like plastic or drop cloths to protect the floor and from slipping.
This is one of the best little tips I have ever run across and just wanted to share it with all of you.
Have a good day!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love