How Can I Paint a Popcorn Ceiling?
Get a large napped roller, 3/4 inch, a 5 gallon bucket and a bucket screen for the roller (don't use the little trays), a wooden rolling pole can be purchased cheep. I would also get a spray soc or where a cap when rolling ceilings. You will get a little of the texture in the roller, as long as it is not a large noticable amount, then it should be ok.
What type of spray rig do you have, airless, cup gun, pressure rig?
If you follow Chip's advice (above), you'll probably have no trouble. Make sure the paint is thin, not thick and sticky - even if it means doing extra coats.
The best way and to most painters, the only way, is to spray it, hands down.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love