12:38PM | 01/30/04
Member Since: 05/29/02
46 lifetime posts

Am not sure if the name I put in is correct. But I need to know what that stuff is. It's some kind of paint that does sealing.

And, is it my understanding that a good paint on top of exterior stucco acts as an aid against water seeping into stucco?


01:12AM | 01/31/04
Member Since: 07/28/02
1358 lifetime posts
The paint you are talking about is called elastomeric and it goes on at least 5 times thicker than regular paint. It was designed for stucco to bridge across cracks and if done properly is waterproofer. It is a 3 coat system to be done properly. It will not bridge large cracks and they will have to filled with an elastomeric patching material.
Go to a local paint store and find out what they carry and see if they will have a rep come out and look at your house and do the specs for useing elastomeric. These systems need to done just so in order to work and not have a failure. This is a product that needs to be applied by a proffesional painter as a homeowner would not have the equipment to apply a product like this.
  • People_also_asked_iconElastomera (?) I‚Äôve heard of a new paint called something li...
  • People_also_asked_iconElastomera What I know about elastomera is that it's added...
    1 REPLY
  • People_also_asked_iconNo elastomera A painter came out to the house to give an es...
    1 REPLY
  • People_also_asked_iconWhen to re-stucco? My house is of stucco and is 60 years of age....
    1 REPLY


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.


type the code from the image


Post_new_button or Login_button

Few projects are more fun than upcycling a vintage piece in a surprising way. Outfitted with a sink and a delicately tiled... Built on a rocky island in the Drina River, near the town of Bajina Basta, Serbia, this wooden house was cobbled together ... Large steel-framed windows flood the interior of this remodeled Michigan barn with daylight. The owners hired Northworks A... Edging formed with upside-down wine bottles is a refreshing change. Cleverly and artistically involving recycled materials... A Washington State couple called on BC&J Architects to transform their 400-square-foot boathouse into a hub for family bea... Similar to the elevated utensil concept, hanging your pots and pans from a ceiling-mounted rack keeps them nearby and easy... For windows, doors, and mirrors that could use a little definition, the Naples Etched Glass Border adds a decorative flora... The thyme growing between these stepping stones adds a heady fragrance to strolls along this lush, low-maintenance garden ... Decoupage is an easy way to add any paper design to your switch plate, whether it is wallpaper, scrapbook paper, book page... Twine lanterns add pops of crafty—but sophisticated—flair to any outdoor setting. Wrap glue-soaked twine around a balloon ... When securely fastened to a tree or the ceiling of a porch, a pallet and some cushioning make the ideal place to lounge. V... Reluctant to throw away any of those unidentified keys in your junk drawer? Hang them from a few chains attached to a simp... A stripped-down model, sans screened porch, starts out at $79,000. Add the porch, a heated floor for the bath, and all the... Salvaged boards in varying widths and colors make up the dramatic accent wall in this attic space. The high-gloss white of... This garden shed has been decked out to the nines. Designer Orla Kiely created the intimate home for a flower trade show, ...
Newsletter_icon Google_plus Facebook Twitter Pinterest Youtube Rss_icon