Paint decision question
A 1-man (more or less) painter business painted the inside of my house for a reasonable price. And the quality was really good.
My concern though is that he sometimes has a problem getting someone to help him and this translates into an extended painting time period. And with the rain season coming fairly soon...
I got an estimate from an established paint company to paint the exterior of my house, with the stipulation that elastomeric paint be used. The estimated cost is reasonable.
I'd like to get the other fellow to give me an estimate (since work is slow for him and he does do a good job). But my other concern is that I don't know how up to date he is in using the latest products to seal cracks in a stucco house. My house is old, has a few cracks that is a bit more than a hairline crack. To top this off, there tends to be a noticeable crack in the wall between the old and new parts of the house. So additional work has to be done there.
Who should I use? Opinion please.
I would lean toward a contractor that has used elastomerics before as they are not like applying regular paint. Also a one man show will take a long time painting the exterior of your stucco house with an elastomeric product and with winter coming soon i would go with someone who can finish it quicker.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight