Paint decision question
A 1-man (more or less) painter business painted the inside of my house for a reasonable price. And the quality was really good.
My concern though is that he sometimes has a problem getting someone to help him and this translates into an extended painting time period. And with the rain season coming fairly soon...
I got an estimate from an established paint company to paint the exterior of my house, with the stipulation that elastomeric paint be used. The estimated cost is reasonable.
I'd like to get the other fellow to give me an estimate (since work is slow for him and he does do a good job). But my other concern is that I don't know how up to date he is in using the latest products to seal cracks in a stucco house. My house is old, has a few cracks that is a bit more than a hairline crack. To top this off, there tends to be a noticeable crack in the wall between the old and new parts of the house. So additional work has to be done there.
Who should I use? Opinion please.
I would lean toward a contractor that has used elastomerics before as they are not like applying regular paint. Also a one man show will take a long time painting the exterior of your stucco house with an elastomeric product and with winter coming soon i would go with someone who can finish it quicker.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!