Paint decision question
A 1-man (more or less) painter business painted the inside of my house for a reasonable price. And the quality was really good.
My concern though is that he sometimes has a problem getting someone to help him and this translates into an extended painting time period. And with the rain season coming fairly soon...
I got an estimate from an established paint company to paint the exterior of my house, with the stipulation that elastomeric paint be used. The estimated cost is reasonable.
I'd like to get the other fellow to give me an estimate (since work is slow for him and he does do a good job). But my other concern is that I don't know how up to date he is in using the latest products to seal cracks in a stucco house. My house is old, has a few cracks that is a bit more than a hairline crack. To top this off, there tends to be a noticeable crack in the wall between the old and new parts of the house. So additional work has to be done there.
Who should I use? Opinion please.
I would lean toward a contractor that has used elastomerics before as they are not like applying regular paint. Also a one man show will take a long time painting the exterior of your stucco house with an elastomeric product and with winter coming soon i would go with someone who can finish it quicker.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps