Paint decision question
A 1-man (more or less) painter business painted the inside of my house for a reasonable price. And the quality was really good.
My concern though is that he sometimes has a problem getting someone to help him and this translates into an extended painting time period. And with the rain season coming fairly soon...
I got an estimate from an established paint company to paint the exterior of my house, with the stipulation that elastomeric paint be used. The estimated cost is reasonable.
I'd like to get the other fellow to give me an estimate (since work is slow for him and he does do a good job). But my other concern is that I don't know how up to date he is in using the latest products to seal cracks in a stucco house. My house is old, has a few cracks that is a bit more than a hairline crack. To top this off, there tends to be a noticeable crack in the wall between the old and new parts of the house. So additional work has to be done there.
Who should I use? Opinion please.
I would lean toward a contractor that has used elastomerics before as they are not like applying regular paint. Also a one man show will take a long time painting the exterior of your stucco house with an elastomeric product and with winter coming soon i would go with someone who can finish it quicker.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!