It sounds to me like the gutters are full of leaves and debris and need to be cleaned out.
Where do the downspouts lead? If they go into the ground are they piped into the the sewer or are they just buried under ground for 10 or so feet where they bubble up to ground surface. The latter is crap. If you move into this house plan on buying new downspouts if it's in a cold climate. They will freeze all winter long.
They could have also piped the rainwater into a (french basin?) That is fancy for a tank buried in the ground which collects the rain and lets it soak into the ground. I don't know much about those. In Michigan the seller's disclosure lists any buried tanks. Check that.
Has anyone used the Gutterpiller gutter protection s...
Gutters: Incredibly high estimate
Icy Gutters....kinda long NEED HELP
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love