It sounds to me like the gutters are full of leaves and debris and need to be cleaned out.
Where do the downspouts lead? If they go into the ground are they piped into the the sewer or are they just buried under ground for 10 or so feet where they bubble up to ground surface. The latter is crap. If you move into this house plan on buying new downspouts if it's in a cold climate. They will freeze all winter long.
They could have also piped the rainwater into a (french basin?) That is fancy for a tank buried in the ground which collects the rain and lets it soak into the ground. I don't know much about those. In Michigan the seller's disclosure lists any buried tanks. Check that.
Has anyone used the Gutterpiller gutter protection s...
Gutters: Incredibly high estimate
Icy Gutters....kinda long NEED HELP
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes