It sounds to me like the gutters are full of leaves and debris and need to be cleaned out.
Where do the downspouts lead? If they go into the ground are they piped into the the sewer or are they just buried under ground for 10 or so feet where they bubble up to ground surface. The latter is crap. If you move into this house plan on buying new downspouts if it's in a cold climate. They will freeze all winter long.
They could have also piped the rainwater into a (french basin?) That is fancy for a tank buried in the ground which collects the rain and lets it soak into the ground. I don't know much about those. In Michigan the seller's disclosure lists any buried tanks. Check that.
Has anyone used the Gutterpiller gutter protection s...
Gutters: Incredibly high estimate
Icy Gutters....kinda long NEED HELP
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers