Armstrong swift-loc flooring system??????/damp floor
You could seal the tiles by applying a waterproof sealant between tiles during installation or by applying a seperate layer of polyurethane after you install it.
Ceramic tile, not Armstrong or Pergo, is the most ideal for damp locations because it will resist water/dampness. (Be sure to seal the grout.)
As for the dehumidifier, you can also install a vent fan to ventilate the room and make it the same humidity as the rest of the house. It is a good idea, and it is "Code" for all new bathrooms in most communities. A dehumidifier is also a good idea for basements for health reasons, as well. (Fewer allergens and molds grow in a dry basement, and basement air is often the source for furnace/air conditioner systems).
Finally, the tarpaper idea is for a mositure barrier. It is commonly used, but often is overkill. Odor can occur, but usually the tarpaper is covered enough by something to prevent the smell from seeping.
[This message has been edited by Lawrence (edited March 28, 2001).]
armstrong swift lock laminate flooring in portland b...
Armstrong portland beech flooring
hardwood over a slab foundation
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight