Armstrong swift-loc flooring system??????/damp floor
You could seal the tiles by applying a waterproof sealant between tiles during installation or by applying a seperate layer of polyurethane after you install it.
Ceramic tile, not Armstrong or Pergo, is the most ideal for damp locations because it will resist water/dampness. (Be sure to seal the grout.)
As for the dehumidifier, you can also install a vent fan to ventilate the room and make it the same humidity as the rest of the house. It is a good idea, and it is "Code" for all new bathrooms in most communities. A dehumidifier is also a good idea for basements for health reasons, as well. (Fewer allergens and molds grow in a dry basement, and basement air is often the source for furnace/air conditioner systems).
Finally, the tarpaper idea is for a mositure barrier. It is commonly used, but often is overkill. Odor can occur, but usually the tarpaper is covered enough by something to prevent the smell from seeping.
[This message has been edited by Lawrence (edited March 28, 2001).]
armstrong swift lock laminate flooring in portland b...
Armstrong portland beech flooring
hardwood over a slab foundation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes