Armstrong swift-loc flooring system??????/damp floor
You could seal the tiles by applying a waterproof sealant between tiles during installation or by applying a seperate layer of polyurethane after you install it.
Ceramic tile, not Armstrong or Pergo, is the most ideal for damp locations because it will resist water/dampness. (Be sure to seal the grout.)
As for the dehumidifier, you can also install a vent fan to ventilate the room and make it the same humidity as the rest of the house. It is a good idea, and it is "Code" for all new bathrooms in most communities. A dehumidifier is also a good idea for basements for health reasons, as well. (Fewer allergens and molds grow in a dry basement, and basement air is often the source for furnace/air conditioner systems).
Finally, the tarpaper idea is for a mositure barrier. It is commonly used, but often is overkill. Odor can occur, but usually the tarpaper is covered enough by something to prevent the smell from seeping.
[This message has been edited by Lawrence (edited March 28, 2001).]
armstrong swift lock laminate flooring in portland b...
Armstrong portland beech flooring
hardwood over a slab foundation
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers