Armstrong swift-loc flooring system??????/damp floor
You could seal the tiles by applying a waterproof sealant between tiles during installation or by applying a seperate layer of polyurethane after you install it.
Ceramic tile, not Armstrong or Pergo, is the most ideal for damp locations because it will resist water/dampness. (Be sure to seal the grout.)
As for the dehumidifier, you can also install a vent fan to ventilate the room and make it the same humidity as the rest of the house. It is a good idea, and it is "Code" for all new bathrooms in most communities. A dehumidifier is also a good idea for basements for health reasons, as well. (Fewer allergens and molds grow in a dry basement, and basement air is often the source for furnace/air conditioner systems).
Finally, the tarpaper idea is for a mositure barrier. It is commonly used, but often is overkill. Odor can occur, but usually the tarpaper is covered enough by something to prevent the smell from seeping.
[This message has been edited by Lawrence (edited March 28, 2001).]
armstrong swift lock laminate flooring in portland b...
Armstrong portland beech flooring
hardwood over a slab foundation
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING