Armstrong swift-loc flooring system??????/damp floor
You could seal the tiles by applying a waterproof sealant between tiles during installation or by applying a seperate layer of polyurethane after you install it.
Ceramic tile, not Armstrong or Pergo, is the most ideal for damp locations because it will resist water/dampness. (Be sure to seal the grout.)
As for the dehumidifier, you can also install a vent fan to ventilate the room and make it the same humidity as the rest of the house. It is a good idea, and it is "Code" for all new bathrooms in most communities. A dehumidifier is also a good idea for basements for health reasons, as well. (Fewer allergens and molds grow in a dry basement, and basement air is often the source for furnace/air conditioner systems).
Finally, the tarpaper idea is for a mositure barrier. It is commonly used, but often is overkill. Odor can occur, but usually the tarpaper is covered enough by something to prevent the smell from seeping.
[This message has been edited by Lawrence (edited March 28, 2001).]
armstrong swift lock laminate flooring in portland b...
Armstrong portland beech flooring
hardwood over a slab foundation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love