You're right kyllmann, 1/4 inch plywood wouldn't be adequate support for ceramic tile.
Thank you all for your answers. Iceman, can you give me a brief description of what wuld happen if I were to drop a glass of water onto vinyl? Also, as for the marmoleum, I've been told that the hardness rating for it is 300 as opposed to 50 for regular vinyl (I forget the unit of measurement used for hardness). What does that mean in practical terms?
Does the resielient tile that you are referring to come in a form that looks like hardwood? I have a "shotgun" house and walk over the same areas constantly. I need something durable in the living/dining room combination. Would this work?
7ft Ceiling in high traffic Hallway-Recessed Lightin...
what floors work best for high traffic areas?
Finishing Hardwood flooring
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!