You're right kyllmann, 1/4 inch plywood wouldn't be adequate support for ceramic tile.
Thank you all for your answers. Iceman, can you give me a brief description of what wuld happen if I were to drop a glass of water onto vinyl? Also, as for the marmoleum, I've been told that the hardness rating for it is 300 as opposed to 50 for regular vinyl (I forget the unit of measurement used for hardness). What does that mean in practical terms?
Does the resielient tile that you are referring to come in a form that looks like hardwood? I have a "shotgun" house and walk over the same areas constantly. I need something durable in the living/dining room combination. Would this work?
7ft Ceiling in high traffic Hallway-Recessed Lightin...
what floors work best for high traffic areas?
Finishing Hardwood flooring
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!