Ok, what is the consensus about this installation debate?
Contractor: Lay the laminate down and place all cabinets and appliances on top.
Me (home owner): Install all cabinets and appliances before the laminate installation.
I am arguing that the weight of the cabinets (and corian counters) will not allow the Pergo to "float" appropriately and may cause buckling at the joints.
The contractor thinks that the 1/4" gap along the walls (opposite the cabinets) will be enough to allow for appropriate expansion.
The kitchen is basically a rectangle. Cabinets in U shape with on side along one of the short walls and the other side forming a peninsula in the middle of the kitchen. In the middle of the U is an island.
I have not read the Pergo installation guidelines yet, but I plan on doing that this weekend.
Anyone have some experience or opinions they can share?
Absolutely do NOT install flooring before cabinets. Refrigerator, stove, etc. is fine. But, if you install cabinets , you WILL have problems, and it is not within manufacturers specs. I've been selling pergo since it was introduced in the U.S. and work with a master certified installer on a daily basis for the last 10 years. Please, install your cabinets first
Pergo over particle board subfloor
Need Advice!!! Hard Wood vs. Laminate
Need Discontinued Pergo Presto Cherry Plank # PH 4584
pergo laminate #042909
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!