I have to replace the bottom third of all 3 sides of my shower. The original tile is approximately 1/32" smaller than the replacement tile (both are 4.25" square). The problem is lining the new up with the old. When I put 7 or 8 tiles in a row it throws me off by about 1/4". Not a good look. The old tiles are made in Mexico by Dal-tile, the new ones were made in the US. Should I try to find Dal-tiles? if yes, who sells them? I'm in SE Michigan. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Dal has regional distribution warehouse all around the country. Check your yellow pages or do a google search to find one close to you. Their sizing may still be off from what you have. How about putting a decorative listelli between the old and new tile so the difference in grout lines is not so obvious, or do them on a diagonal. The color may not be exact either so make it look like the contrast was done intentionally rather than as a repair.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes