I have to replace the bottom third of all 3 sides of my shower. The original tile is approximately 1/32" smaller than the replacement tile (both are 4.25" square). The problem is lining the new up with the old. When I put 7 or 8 tiles in a row it throws me off by about 1/4". Not a good look. The old tiles are made in Mexico by Dal-tile, the new ones were made in the US. Should I try to find Dal-tiles? if yes, who sells them? I'm in SE Michigan. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Dal has regional distribution warehouse all around the country. Check your yellow pages or do a google search to find one close to you. Their sizing may still be off from what you have. How about putting a decorative listelli between the old and new tile so the difference in grout lines is not so obvious, or do them on a diagonal. The color may not be exact either so make it look like the contrast was done intentionally rather than as a repair.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!