This machine has a compartment on top when opened contains a threaded, open-topped screw and what looks like a gear-type device. What is this and what is it's use?
That compartment is where you insert plastic cams to do decorative stitching. To insert the cams, put the needle in it's highest position, slide the stitch width control all the way to the right, put the cam in the top and be sure the cam sets firmly over the little locator pin in there. Once it's in, you slide the stitch width back to the left. After that, set your stich length to about 1/2, and make sure the front control knob is on "C" (except for cam number "0", that setting is on "B") . You may have to loosen the top tension a bit, so cloth doesn't pucker up. Each cam make a different pattern for top-stitching, embroidery, etc. When you are done with that cam, put the needle in it's highest position again, slide the stitch width control all the way to the right, pull out the cam, and slide the width control back to the left. Hope this helps!
I bought a 158 15000 at Salvation Army store for $15.00. They told me it worked. It doesn't. When I press on foot pedal, machine makes a noise and needle doesn't do anything. Is it worth getting repaired?
Hi, it could be that the drive wheel is disengaged, like when winding a bobbin. No cost to fix, find the drive wheel and turn the inner wheel toward you until it won't turn. If that doesn't fix it, you could have a loose or broken drive belt.
DIY attic conditioning
Sweet chemical smell in fridge and freezer
Will Stair Bracket usage appropriate for building th...
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects