Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous


11:08AM | 03/14/00
Member Since: 03/13/00
1 lifetime posts
The walls in my bathroom are skimcoated over the plaster to hide the cracks (this was done by the previous homeowner). I got a bug today and started chipping away the skim coat where it is cracking. I have heard about using mesh tape and joint compound to repair but I am afraid that where I have been scrapping the area is too large. Any suggestions on how to repair this?? Thanks.


03:08PM | 03/21/00
Member Since: 03/13/00
4 lifetime posts
If the area you have scraped off isnt too big you can still use the fiberglass mesh drywall tape, then skimcoat over the tape, let dry, then finish coat with whatever coating you desire.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button