On moving back in I found black mold in the master bathroom shower, photos are attached. The mold appears to be very dry. The renters probably stopped using this shower and switched to the shower in the other bathroom. This property is in a desert area so the air is usually very hot and dry.
1. Is this the infamous stachybotrys black mold?
2. Can I remove this myself with mold control spray and an appropriate filtering mask?
3. Regarding masks, I'm considering buying either the 3M Mold and Lead Particle Respirator 6297PA1-A mask which is $24.97, with the DEWALT DPG82-11/DPG82 -11CTR Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggle $10
OR the 3M Mold Remediation Respirator Kit 68097 which is $90;
Is the 3M Mold Remediation Respirator Kit 68097 overkill for this job?