My husband and I recently installed a cultured granite tub surround, and now we have a soap/shampoo "cady" that we want to install. This cady will fit in the corner of the surround (not recessed), but we are usure how to properly install it. We don't want it to fall off or slide down the wall. Any suggestions of how we can support the cady during installation? It is about 12 inches tall and approximately 8 inches wide and is shaped to fit in the right angle of a corner. Thank you.
My husband & I did the same and did not want to damage the granite so we used liquid nail. It has been hanging for about 7 months with no problems.
Without seeing the caddy it's hard to tell, but if you do not want to drill try the type of silicon used for making salt water acquariums. It comes in a tube like any caulking and is applied in the same manner. It holds tremendous weight and the bond is not damaged or weakened by water since this is what the product is made for. Good luck.
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects