Latest Discussions : Home Design


02:10PM | 09/10/21
Member Since: 09/10/21
1 lifetime posts
I have this ridiculous and useless beam that goes across the entire kitchen area and I can’t figure out what it would be called. Does anyone know what it’s called? I’m looking at taking it down but wanted to do some research first. Thank you!!
1898009b e2d1 4bad b869 1ae7e15b9763


10:02AM | 09/11/21
Looks like a soffit to me.. maybe a floating soffit...used to define the kitchen area and hide (sort of) the exhaust fan ducting/and lighting


03:45PM | 09/12/21
It would be a big mess and could be a lot of work to remove the soffit and re-rout the electrical. Looks like there may be a sky light shaft as well. From the picture it looks like it enhances the kitchen. If I were me, I would leave it alone.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button