Latest Discussions : Home Design


02:38PM | 04/21/05
Member Since: 12/02/03
7 lifetime posts
i cannot find this metal strip anywhere. i am being told it is not manufactured anymore.

years ago, instead of using caulk, the countertops in the old kitchens did not have backsplashes. instead there was a thin metal strip that went on top of the end countertop & the wall the countertop was against.

***** & ********** are telling me this strip is not manufactured anymore; they cannot order it. i can't believe this is true. can this product still be purchased? if so, where?

thank you.


04:53PM | 04/23/05
Member Since: 01/30/05
360 lifetime posts
Yeah its still being made. Bob V. and the crew used this company's PVC metallized version (but they make real metal mouldings too) on the Florida Condo project, episode 1505. They used Princeton Cabinetry to install the cabinets and make the kitchen counters, and Princeton used Outwater's TEE mouldings for the retro finished edge.

To view Video of that HomeAgain Episode, click here:

Outwater Plastics Industries, Inc. makes "T" mouldings for just this purpose in both Aluminum and Stainless Steel. They also make angled edge T's.

However they also make a wider variety of Metallized finished PVC mouldings for just this purpose (retro laminate installations) and they are MUCH better and more user friendly (I still carry scars from kitchen duty in a REAL 50's kitchen).

Their phone number is: 1-800-835-4400.

To get directly to the catalogue page you need click here:

About a third of the way down on the right you'll see REAL Aluminum and Stainless Steel TEE Moulding links. Please also peruse the flexible metallic accent series, and other flexible metallic moulding series.

Hope you enjoy your new kitchen finish.


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button