I desire help! we purchased an 8 year old home from ogig. owners (in oregon), and went through typical home inspections, etc.,. Three weeks ago, our heating went out (unit is under the house in a crawlspace), and when we lifted the cover to crawlspace, saw a nightmare.. flooded crawlspace all the way up to the subfloor. It took 2 days to pump water out by professionals. There was a sump pump, but it had failed. The ductwork (flexible) was wrecked, as was the insulation, etc,. We have had the heating system replaced, and the ductwork (used metal this time), but my biggest concern, is that the workers found that we have no moisture barrier underneat our attached wrap around deck, and inadquate ventilation .. there is condensation on every under surface and it is just rotten. they also found that there is so much mold, they thought they'd visualized a dead dog (it was huge mold mounds!). Our son is highly allergic to mold, and is currently staying in our guest house so that he is not exposed to this. We had a flood expert come out and he's trenching around our home, the entire perimeter, and then routing that trench away from the house (french drain) so that this can't happen again. In essence, the underneath of our home filled like a swimming pool. None of this is covered by insurance, and we are already upward of $20,000 into this nightmare. My biggest concern, and question, is the mold issue! How do we properly get rid of the mold, and more importantly, keep it from coming back on surfaces that are clearly soaked through and rotten? We are replacing our wooden deck with a synthetic susbstitute and placing a moisture barrier underneath, but there is mold on other parts of the understructure of the home. Please, any help you could offer would be so appreciated!