Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous


04:46AM | 12/09/06
Member Since: 12/08/06
1 lifetime posts
We recently purchased a Victorian Gothic home (our 3rd old house rennovation - you think we'd learn to stop this!). The house has limestone windowsills which have numerous stress cracks. One of the curved bottom sills (on the turret/tower portion) has a 1/4" crack running through it, which has resulted in a leak into the interior plaster. Nothing major - the plaster is intact, just surface bubbled. I've repointed 1870's brick before using a soft mortar mix - can I use this same mix for limestone? Thanks!


04:38AM | 12/14/06
Member Since: 09/17/02
524 lifetime posts
I think I would use a concrete caulking. It is grey like mortar and come in a regular caulking tube.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button