Im about to install doors and windows. I have the 1/2" plywood sheathing on. The Tyvek is on. If im using 3/8" rough sawn cedar plywood siding do I install the doors and windows after the siding or before. Also, Im using 2x6 walls and most doors and windows come for 2x4. I mount it flush with the outside, then how to I make up the difference on the inside?
Before the siding, and after parts of the flashing. The windows are ordered for 2x6 walls or supplied with jamb extensions dependent on the manufacturer & type could be drywall returns.. the doors you have no choice but to order the jamb for your finish style & 2x6 framing or they won't work, (unless they all swing out? don't think so except maybe Florida I've heard they have to there).
New Door Between Kitchen and Garage
When to Install Door...
how to integrate rigid foam insulation & rain-screen...
Door and window molding (long)
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects