Latest Discussions : Home Design


06:24AM | 01/03/00
Member Since: 12/20/99
2 lifetime posts
I just bought a house and there is one wall in the living room that has panelling. I want to get rid of the panelling so that all the walls look the same. The rest of the walls have a textured plaster. Is there a way I could plaster over the panelling myself and then paint it? If so, is there a method to plastering with a textured look? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!


07:16AM | 01/03/00
Member Since: 12/29/99
5 lifetime posts
Dear Janis:

I would think your best option would be to remove the paneling first. Especially if its the ukky stuff from the 60-s-70's. Now if its nice paneling, you might want to save it, strip it and use it another day....

So with the paneling can buy the synthetic plaster mixture at either the hardware store or one of the HomeDepot/Lowes bigger home centers. You can apply it over the wall....let it dry and paint it. There are many different rollers out there that if you ask the local hardware guy about matching the texture, he can advise what to use (low nap, high nap, patterns, etc.)

Being its one wall, its pretty easy for you to get it done in a day...

Hope this helps


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button