Latest Discussions : Home Design


10:42AM | 11/04/01
Member Since: 11/03/01
1 lifetime posts
Our Formica brand solidsurface sink has cracked so badly that water leaks underneath the sink and onto everything stored under the vanity. After months (since March 2001) of dealing with the warranty department, they sent us a new sink "bowl" only (a misunderstanding). I now have the problem of trying to decide whether to replace the entire solidsurface onepiece vanity (expensive) and bowl or try to cut out a hole for the new bowl to fit. Does anyone know who does this type of work professionally? Or perhaps a suggestion for a solution. I would prefer not to deal with company directly anymore, as they have been less than helpful. It doesn't seem possible to do it correctly ourselves. We aren't that handy after owning the house for only 2 years! A reference to someone in CT would be helpful. Thank you.


01:11PM | 11/04/01
Member Since: 09/01/00
312 lifetime posts
Hi ksb,
This problem sounds like it has gotten way out of hand.If I were in your shoes,I'd drop by a plumbing supply house and get their advice, preferably, a supplier that carries your product.They can also refer you to individuals who are qualified to resolve,repair,or install a new unit.Check the yellow pages: plumbing fixtures,parts and supplies-retail.Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Matches (edited November 04, 2001).]

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button