Latest Discussions : Parts & Supplies


09:09PM | 08/09/10
Member Since: 08/06/10
1 lifetime posts

In the interest of repairing shower mixing valves that are well-designed and avoiding a lot of tile and drywall work, I am trying to find

1. the 9-C4 Stem gland,

2. the two 9-C2 O-rings and

3. the 9-C1 seal ring (which looks like another O-ring

on a GYRO #8 shower mixing and shut-off valve manufactured by Vance Industries, formerly at 7401 West Wilson Avenue, Chicago 31, IL. Yes, it doesn't have a ZIP code, so this is an old valve.

Since this company appears to be out of business, does anyone know who might have purchased the spare parts for the valves manufactured by this company? There is a Vance Industries in Niles, IL, but they only make kitchen sink fixtures (not including valves), and I don't believe Chicago Faucets absorbed the old Vance Industries because their offerings appear limited to industrial/institutional values. Any assistance would be appreciated.


Paul Rybski

Whitewater, WI


04:19PM | 07/07/18
Now I'm in the same situation. The nylon cam in my Vance faucet broke and I'm also looking for replacement parts. Did you ever find a solution??

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button