01:20PM | 07/08/04
Member Since: 07/07/04
3 lifetime posts
Our house, built in 1978, was equipped with an UltraFlo solid-state plumbing control/push button energy-conserving water system. This is an all-electronic system and every sink/shower has the push button feature. The central control panel mixes and regulates water flow. UltraFlo is now out of business. Our bathtub button unit is defunct and we're unable to use the bathtub. We, and others who have this system, are desperately searching for parts or units that will integrate with this system. Outside of replumbing the entire house, we're stuck. Can anyone help? Thank you!!

plumber Tom

08:02PM | 07/09/04
Member Since: 05/10/03
801 lifetime posts
Is it possible you could dis-connect the ultraflow and run the main copper water feed (supply) by bypassing the entire unit? It might take a little new pipe work, but if you take it off the ass end of the water meter, you might be saving yourself some work. Worse case scenario, you would have to change all the faucets, but you would still be able to keep the existing plumbing supply lines.


04:04PM | 10/02/04
Member Since: 10/01/04
2 lifetime posts
I have an ultra flow system, and some parts. If you still need parts or advice, I've worked with and fully understand the design and workings of this system. I would be willing to help you out by phone or email. Post here or email at [email protected]


04:21PM | 10/02/04
Member Since: 10/01/04
2 lifetime posts
This system uses a 12 or 24 volt dc valve manifold located near the water heater to mix and distribute the pre-selected temperature water to the correct faucet in the house. Their is only one 3/8 or 1/2 inch line that goes directly to the spout of the selected faucet. Their are no conventional common supply lines. This is designed so that only a small amount of warm water is left laying in the line when the faucet is shut off. It also eliminates the need to move hot water from the water heater threw a 3/4 inch or larger common supply line then to the faucet wasting most times over 2 quarts or more of hot water. The single line going to the spout from the control manifold was soft copper or Quest pipe. The selecter switch at the faucet location was either push buttons or a touch pad on the newer systems. It communicated with the manifold using 4 conductor wire with rj-11 plugs (phone cord plugs) on each end. The push button panel could be replaced with another ultraflow panel or with a little low voltage electrical knowledge, could be replaced with a variety of different switch setups.


05:47PM | 10/02/04
Member Since: 07/07/04
3 lifetime posts
Thanks for the knowledgeable information. Just recently we contacted a local plumber who gave us a very reasonable estimate to replumb the house, bypassing the existing pipe and electronic panel gizmo with some new flex pipes which will reduce the labor--said it'd take about 2 days. Fortunately we have a one-story house! We've purchased all new faucets so by the end of this month we'll have "regular" water. Thanks again.

erik peterson

07:05AM | 10/03/04
Member Since: 06/23/03
223 lifetime posts
You made the correct decision...Ive come across a few of these over the years and have re-piped the entire house every time. erik


09:20AM | 04/15/08
Member Since: 04/14/08
1 lifetime posts
Does anyone have a supplier of the replacement parts for the ultra-flu water system? We have had this system in our house for 30 years and it works good, but are in need of replacement parts.

Al Plank


07:20PM | 09/25/08
Member Since: 09/24/08
1 lifetime posts
I used to work at Ultraflo and tonight was trying to explain it to my husband. I got on the internet to try to find info. or pictures of it to help my explaination when I came upon your request for parts and also the below listing for the sale of parts on a site called "" See below for the listing:

best of craigslist

ULTRAFLO plumbing parts (Findlay)


Reply to: [email protected] [?]

Date: 2008-08-29, 11:26AM EDT

-manifold, complete

-12 new valves

-valve rebuilding kits

-push button control panels

Call 419-306-8383

Location: Findlay (Ohio)

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

License info:

PostingID: 818134334


06:46AM | 10/17/08
Member Since: 06/28/08
9 lifetime posts
E-mail with needs I have located so new parts

[email protected]


07:06AM | 11/21/08
Member Since: 11/18/08
1 lifetime posts
I am looking for parts for the ultra flo system, so far attemps to contact the previous have failed
Click to reply button Inspiration banner


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button

Follow banner a
Newsletter icon Flipboard glossy Facebook Twitter Pinterest Youtube Rss icon