Latest Discussions : Plumbing


08:04AM | 07/21/04
Member Since: 07/20/04
2 lifetime posts
i have a stone fireplace

2 flues (oil burner & fireplace)

i have added a second floor to my house and must extend the chimney

i do not want to add more stone

i need to extend roughly 12 ft higher

is there a pipe that i can use (or transition union) to connect to my existing clay flues

the chimney runs on the outside of the house

plumber Tom

03:11PM | 07/21/04
Member Since: 05/10/03
801 lifetime posts
Is meet or call t he building inspector. He or she can tell you what materials are acceptable and if they meet the building code. Trust me you could go ahead and install some type of B vent, then the inspector comes out and tells you to rip it down. Meanwhile search the web for venting options. Key words "chimney" "flue" "B Vent" Good luck.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button