Latest Discussions : Plumbing


09:10AM | 11/04/04
Member Since: 11/03/04
1 lifetime posts
I have a shower/tub combination with a pull up knob to divert the water from the lower tub nozzle to the upper shower head. Lately, pulling up on the knob deverts only part of the water with the remainder coming out to the tub. I would like to repair this myself, but I tried to remove the tub nozzle without too much pressure and no success. I didn't want to force it to hard without knowing that was the proper way to get to the componets. How do I remove the nozzle or whatever I would need to to get to the divertor vavle? What should I next look at to replace. Thanks!


12:08PM | 11/04/04
Most diverters are not repairable and do require replacement. Most spouts turn off. This can twist the pipes so you are right to be careful. If you have access from the rear you can evaluate how securely the valve is attached to the studing. If you have steel pipe that would be more resistance to twisting than if you have a copper stub out.

Some newer spouts this past decade have an allen bolt that tightens onto copper. There would be a notch in the bottom of the spout where it connects to the wall.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button